The best banana chocolate chip muffins are easy to make and soft, fluffy, and moist.
This warm treat is filled with chocolate chips and bananas. Your family can enjoy it any day. This recipe is not only quick and simple to make but also only requires pantry staples.
Why We Love This Recipe
- These banana chocolate chip muffins can be made easily with only a few ingredients.
- These are moist and fluffy with a banana flavor that is sweet and delicious. They also have semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips.
- These are great for using up bananas that have ripened. They also freeze very well.
- Not only are they great for breakfast, but also as a snack after school. When warmed and served with vanilla ice cream, they make a great little dessert. These tasty muffins are limitless.
Ingredients and Variations
- The ingredients are similar to those in banana bread, but with chocolate chips added!
- Flour for the recipe, we use all-purpose flour. You can substitute up to 1/3 of the flour with quick oatmeal and get great results.
- Chocolate Chips
- The addition of chocolate chips creates the perfect sweet treat. This recipe can be made with mini chips, milk chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips.
- This is the perfect recipe to use up overripe bananas! If your bananas still need to ripen, you can quickly ripen them by putting them in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes wrapped in foil.
- Add up to 2 tablespoons of peanut butter for peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins. Yum!
Banana Muffins: How to make them?
- It will only take a few moments out of your busy day to mix up these tasty treats!
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the two kinds of chocolate chips.
- Add wet ingredients to a bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet slowly until combined ( don’t overmix).
- Bake until the toothpick is clean. Don’t overbake.
Muffin Baking Times
- Bake mini muffins for 14-16 minutes.
- Bake regular-size muffins for 18-20 minutes.
- To bake Texas (jumbo-sized) muffins for 20 to 22 minutes
How to store
- Store banana chocolate chip muffins at room temperature in an airtight bag or container. They can be stored for about five days.
- To freeze, either wrap each one individually in plastic wrap underneath a layer of aluminum foil or place them in a zip-top bag with a date and put them into the freezer. Defrosting a frozen muffin by lunchtime will give you a tasty surprise! Easy as pie!
- ▢ Half a cup of flour
- ▢ Baking soda, one tablespoon
- ▢ Half a teaspoon of salt
- ▢ 1/4 cup sugar
- ▢ About three medium bananas are in 1 cup of mashed bananas.
- ▢ One large egg at room temperature
- ▢ Half a cup of vegetable oil
- ▢ One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ▢ 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ▢ 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375degF. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add chocolate chips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sugar, bananas and oil.
- Mix dry ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick is clean. Do not overbake.
- After 5 minutes, remove the cake from the pan and let it cool on a cooling rack.