Slow-cooked Chicken Drumsticks with Barbecue Sauce and Herbs have a zesty, bold flavor that the entire family will love. This simple chicken dinner will become your new favorite recipe to prepare on busy evenings.
Try Barbecue Baked Beans or Slow-Cooker Collard Greens if you want an easy side dish to go with your crockpot drumsticks.
This chicken drumstick recipe is a winner.
These slow cooker drumsticks are easy to make and convenient to eat. The BBQ chicken will be fall-apart soft and tender. Drumsticks will have the same barbecue flavor but will be much more tender.
- Drumsticks of Chicken: For this recipe, you’ll leave the skin on. This will enhance the flavor.
- BBQ Sauce – Here, you can be creative with your favorite brand. Sweet Baby Rays is the perfect sauce for drumsticks.
- Brown sugar: A little brown sugar will add sweetness to your sauce.
- Seasonings and pepper, smoked paprika, and onion powder are the perfect flavors to complement the chicken. We are making a BBQ sauce for the drumsticks in a slow cooker.
- Step 1 – Add the seasonings and drumsticks to a Ziploc and toss the bag until the chicken is completely covered.
- Step 2 – Place the seasoned drumsticks in the slow cooker.
- Step 3 Add the barbecue sauce to the chicken legs.
- Step Four – Cover the chicken drumsticks and cook them on HIGH for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on Low for about 5 to 6 hours.
How to serve
- You can serve the Crock Pot Chicken Drumsticks with a side salad, garlic bread, and a nice side dish.
- You can also serve the best drumsticks with mashed potato or steamed vegetables.
- You can also use some of the sauce as a dipping sauce. You can also top drumsticks with ranch dressing.
- Drumsticks are usually just the lower leg of a chicken. You can also try the leg with the thigh. You’ll then have crockpot chicken thighs.
- Use chicken thighs, chicken thighs, chicken wings, or breasts to change things up.
- For different flavors, add drained crushed peach, peach preserves, or even sliced Jalapenos.
- 3 lbs. chicken drumsticks (about 8 drumsticks)
- 1 Tbsp. 1 Tbsp.
- 1 tsp. You can also use garlic powder, granulated or powdered garlic.
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika, you can use regular sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Ground pepper
- Sweet Baby Ray Original BBQ Sauce is a great choice.
- Place all of the drumsticks in a plastic bag.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, onion Powder, Salt, Smoked Paprika, and Ground Pepper.
- Close the bag and massage the meat to coat it with the seasoning.
- Place the drumsticks in the slow cooker. You can use a slow cooker if you do not want to waste the bag. Just mix the chicken drumsticks with the seasoning using clean hands.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the drumsticks.
- Cover and cook for 3 1/2 to 4 hours on HIGH. You can cook the chicken on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. When the meat falls off the bone, you’ll know that the chicken is ready.
- Enjoy and serve!