A 12 oz Coca-Cola bottle contains 39 grams of sugar. Smaller portion sizes like our 7.5oz mini-soda can have less sugar and calories.
Coca-Cola is available in different sizes. (Availability varies depending on the geography).
- Sugar content: 25g per 7.5 oz.
- Eight oz. – 26g sugar and 100 calories
- Sugar content: 28g per 8.5 oz.
- 12 oz. – 39g sugar and 140 calories
- 16 oz. – 52g sugar and 190 calories
- 20 oz. – 65g sugar and 240 calories
What drinks have fewer calories than others?
We will make it easier for you to find versions of drinks that are reduced in sugar or no sugar.
- By 2022, we will offer reduced-sugar or no-sugar options for 19 of the 20 brands that are our top-selling global brands
- Around 400 different reformulations were made in 2018.
- Our sparkling soft drinks are available in convenient 250 mL (8 oz. ) or less.
What is the Coca-Cola Company doing to reduce sugar in their drinks?
We are also changing to meet the changing tastes and preferences of our customers. We have changed our culture and mindset and the way we measure success, driven by our passion for our consumers.
- We are reducing sugar gradually across our entire product portfolio. This includes our best-selling, tried-and-true products.
- Smaller, more convenient packages make it easier to control sugar intake. This is true for both individuals and families. About 44% of our sparkling soda brands are available in convenient 250 mL (8 oz. ) packages. Or less.
- We’re always looking for new ways to improve our drinks and make them more nutritious and hydrating. This includes adding more vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes. In 2018, we launched over 600 products, including:
- Sprite Fiber+ was launched in China. It is a sugar-free drink that contains dietary fiber and has the same flavor and refreshing effect consumers have come to expect from Sprite.
- Coca-Cola Batch Blends Coffee and Chocolate is a new no-sugar beverage that combines the refreshing taste of Coca-Cola with real Brazilian coffee and chocolate.
- Smartwater alkaline was launched in select U.S. markets. It is ionized and ensures a pH level of 9+.
- We continue to provide people with the nutrition information they need in order to make informed decisions. We are the industry leader in front-of-package calorie labeling.
Can soda be bad for you?
People have enjoyed Coca-Cola for 130 years. The unique taste is what they love. We know that people are concerned about consuming or drinking too much sweetener. We’re ready to take action if you want less. We have reduced sugar in over 500 drinks worldwide.
You have a number of options to manage your sugar intake and calorie intake.
- A variety of delicious beverages with reduced sugar or no added sugar
- We also offer smaller sizes, such as our 7.5-oz. Mini soda cans for Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and other brands
- You can find the calorie content of our products on the front of our bottles or cans.
Sugar is a calorie-rich ingredient in many of our drinks. Sugar is good in moderation, but too much is not. Too many calories from sugary soft drinks can lead to weight gain.
Speak to your doctor if you have any concerns about your diet or health.
Do You Have Sugar-Free Drinks?
We want to offer you options so that you can choose what is right for you and your diet. Nineteen of our top twenty brands are low-sugar and zero-sugar.
You can find sugar-free soda among these choices:
- Diet Coke
- Coke Zero Sugar
- AHA Sparkling Water
- Gold Peak Unsweetened tea
- Sprite Zero
- Vitaminwater zero
What is the difference between sugar-free and regular sodas?
You need to know the nutrition information about your favorite drinks. We make it easy for you to find. The Nutrition Facts Label is a good place to start. The Nutrition Facts label is on every can or bottle. It shows the amount of sugar in your beverage.