Tender honey mustard chicken made in the slow cooker will be your favorite recipe! It is sweet and tangy and goes perfectly with mashed potatoes.
If you are looking for more ways to make chicken breasts in your slow cooker, then this recipe is a must-try! Also, try my Olive Garden Chicken or Buffalo Chicken.
This is a recipe that I have been tweaking over the years. My recent change is the addition of heavy cream to the recipe. It mellows out the flavors and helps make a wonderful decadent sauce.
- Chicken – boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Honey – sweetens the dish
- Mustard – standard yellow mustard
- Butter – melted salted butter for butter makes everything better.
- Seasonings – garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano
- Worcestershire sauce – this is the secret ingredient!
- Heavy Cream – mellows out the sauce (Add this AFTER the cooking time is up).
- Step One – In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients (wait to add the heavy Cream).
- Step Two – Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker, and pour over the.
- Step Three – Place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the top during the cooking time.
- Step Four – When the cooking time is done, add the heavy Cream. Shred the chicken with two forks and stir. Serve and enjoy!
Can I use a different cut of Chicken?
- This recipe is very versatile! You can use any of these chicken cuts with great results. Anything with skin on it I would remove before serving.
- Bone-in or boneless chicken thighs
- Chicken tenderloins
- Whole Chicken (this will take additional time to cook, usually around 8 hours on low or until cooked through )
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- Two garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp. Dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup heavy Cream
- Add the chicken breast to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, melted butter, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Wait to add the heavy CreamCream until the end of the cooking time.
- Pour the honey mustard mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- When the cooking time is up, add the heavy CreamCream.
- Using two forks, shred the Chicken right in the slow cooker. Stir until the Cream and sauce have combined.
- Serve and enjoy!