Here’s a quickie from week 1 of the 31-Day Vegetarian Challenge. These spicy and creamy Sriracha Chickpea Salad wraps are quick and easy to prepare. They can also be used as cold lunches and modified to incorporate any vegetables you may have in your fridge. #sweepthekitchen – Leave no vegetables behind
SRIRACHA CHICKPEA SHOULD WRAPS
These Sriracha Chickpea Salad wraps are creamy, spicy, and filling. You can customize the recipe to include any vegetables that you may have.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
SRIRACHA CHICKPEA SANTA FE
- 1 15oz. Can chickpeas ($0.59)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise ($0.55)
- 1.5 Tbsp Sriracha (or to your taste) ($0.09)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro ($0.25)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice ($0.04)
- 1/8 tsp salt ($0.01)
- 2 large flour tortillas ($0.48)
- 2 cups spinach ($0.50)
- 1 carrot, thinly chopped or shredded ($0.11)
- 1/2 bell pepper ($0.75)
- The chickpeas can be drained and added to a bowl along with the mayonnaise. If you’re sensitive to heat, you might start with less sriracha. You can add more to your taste. Mix the dressing ingredients and chickpeas until they are well-mashed.
- Place the tortillas on a surface, add half the spinach, carrot sticks and bell pepper to each one, and then build the wraps. The sides should be folded in towards the middle. Roll the wrap from the bottom upwards, similar to a burrito. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
Any vegetable you have available can be used. You can use any vegetable on hand, including bell pepper and carrots. But you could also use tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, tomatoes or any other vegetables you like.
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories: 558.5 kcal Carbohydrates: 52.55 G Protein: 12.65g Fat: 34.7g Sodium: 1242.3 mg Fiber: 10.65g