My day-to-day meals consist of a mix of random ingredients from my refrigerator, all combined into a bowl or wrap. These are not recipes that I consider to be “recipes”, but they may spark some inspiration for others. This Vegetable Breakfast Scramble is one of my favourite quick breakfast options. They take less than 10 mins and have been a hit with many people since I posted them on my Instagram Stories for my Vegetarian Challenge. Below is my current combination, but I will include other ingredients I add to the mix.
OTHER BOWL OPTIONS
These bowls can be filled with any food you want. Here are some things I have added to them in the past.
- Mixed baby greens
- Broccoli (chopped fine).
- Cheese (shredded cheddar and feta are good options)
- Chipotle Ranch
- roasted vegetables
- Green onion
- black beans
VEGETABLE BREAKFAST SCRAMBLES
These Vegetable Breakfast Scrambles will satisfy your savoury breakfast cravings. These are quick, delicious, packed with healthy vegetables and completely customizable.
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 Tbsp butter ($0.03)
- 1/2 bell pepper diced ($0.25)
- 2 cups spinach ($0.50)
- 2 large eggs ($0.50)
- Seasoning of your choice* ($0.05
- 6 grape tomatoes, cut in half (0.34)
- 1/4 avocado, sliced ($0.13)
- 1/4 cup hummus (0.37)
- Salt and pepper to taste ($0.02)
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the bell pepper diced and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook for about one minute.
- Place the vegetable on the side and crack the eggs at the centre. Season the dish with whatever seasoning you prefer. Keep the skillet on medium heat and begin to cook the eggs. Once the eggs have been set, take the skillet off the heat.
- Combine the vegetables and eggs in a bowl. Add sliced tomatoes, avocado and hummus to top it all. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately
*I used Trader Joe’s Onion Seasoning this time. However, I have used other seasonings like Cajun seasoning and Jerk seasoning or “Everything But the Bagel” seasoning.
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 434 kcal Carbohydrates 26.3 g Protein 18.8 g Fat 28.7.g Sodium 1356.1 mg Fiber 9.8 g